Is Dr. Arthur Chal the Best Arizona Implant Dentist?
Is Dr. Arthur Chal of Phoenix the best Arizona implant dentist? There are no recognized objective standards for deciding who is the best dentist, so we can’t really make that claim. But here are his achievements and credentials. Look them over and see what you think.
- Dr. Chal is the only dentist in Arizona to hold advanced credentials in implant dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and general dentistry at the same time.
- Accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Past President (2001-02) of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Fellow of the International College of Oral Implantologists.
- Rated by fellow dentists as one of the top five dentists in Phoenix1 (1998), as a “Top Dentist”2 (2003, 2004, 2005, and 2009), and as one of the “Best Dentists in America3” (2004).
- Dr. Chal’s higher education achievements and awards include: 1971 honors graduate (Northwestern University), Minerva Club Award for scholastic achievement (Northwestern University), National Student Award in periodontics from Case Western School of Dental Medicine, chosen for highly selective residency program in surgery and prosthetic dentistry, post-graduate training at the Great Lakes Naval Hospital, and hospital training in the treatment of complex dental problems as a trauma team member.
- Fellowship status in the Academy of General Dentistry. At the time he gained this status (1981), he was the youngest dentist in Arizona to have achieved this.
- President of the Arizona Academy of General Dentistry (1987).
- Accreditation Examiner for the American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1994-present, where he judges the cosmetic dentistry of other dentists applying for accreditation. He is one of the three dentists on the examining board with the longest tenure.
- Elected to membership in the prestigious American Equilibration Society (1999). This organization centers on research, diagnosis, and treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD), dental occlusion and oral-facial pain.
- Outstanding Achievement Award from the International Federation of Esthetic Dentistry (2002).
- Presidential Citation from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry for contributions to cosmetic dentistry (2004).
- Invited guest lecturer at the Schools of Dentistry of: the University of Minnesota, the University of California San Francisco, the University of Florida, and Marquette University. He has taught complex esthetic dental reconstruction in the postgraduate programs at these schools.
- Founder and Director of The Phoenix Group, LLC. This multidisciplinary group of medical-dental specialists was assembled to provide coordinated interdisciplinary care for patients with complex facial-dental problems.
- Listed in Who’s Who of Leading Professionals and Executives.
1A 1998 CBS News survey of all dentists in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
2Rankings by Phoenix Magazine are based on surveys of Maricopa County dentists.
3The Woodward/White 2004-05 edition of The Best Dentists in America, based on a vote of professional peers.