Best Dentist in Phoenix?
Some people believe that Dr. Arthur Chal is the best dentist in Phoenix. Since there are no recognized criteria for determining the best dentist, we can’t make that claim. But here are some of his credentials. Note that he has been named as one of the best dentists in the Phoenix area by several organizations:
- 1992 – Became Accredited with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. (AAACD)
- 1994 – Began his long tenure as an Accreditation Examiner with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, a position which he held until the end of 2012. His judgment and examining detail is held in very high regard among accredited cosmetic dentists, and so he is one of only three examiners with over fifteen years’ tenure.
- 2010 – Examining Board honors Dr. Chal. For details, please read the full story on the next page in this section, titled “Honors and Awards.” That page is linked from the menu across the top of this page and from the menu at the bottom.
- 1995 – Elected to the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- 2001 – Elected as President of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- 1981 – Became the youngest dentist in Arizona to achieve Fellowship status in the Academy of General Dentistry. (FAGD)
- 1987 – Became President of the Arizona Academy of General Dentistry.
- 1996 – Achieved Fellowship status in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. (FICOI)
- 1998 – Chosen for “Top Doc” status by CBS News, from a survey of dentists in the greater Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area. He was ranked by Channel 5 as one of the “top five” best dentists when “Dentists Rate Dentists.”
- 1999 – Elected to membership in the prestigious American Equilibration Society. This organization centers on research, diagnosis, and treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD).
- 2000 – Listed as one of the best dentists in Guide to America’s Top Dentists published by the Consumers’ Research Council of America.
- 2002 – Dr. Chal was one of sixty dentists worldwide who were honored with the Outstanding Achievement Award from the International Federation of Esthetic Dentistry, at a ceremony held at the Smithsonian Institute.
- 2003 – Selected as a “Top Dentist” by Phoenix Magazine in their first ever ranking of the best dentists in Maricopa County, based on a survey of 1,500 dentists in the metropolitan area.
- 2004 – Selected again as a “Top Dentist” by Phoenix Magazine.
- 2005 – Selected again as a “Top Dentist” by Phoenix Magazine.
- 2009 – Selected again as a “Top Dentist” by Phoenix Magazine.
- 2004 – Listed in The Best Dentists in America, published by Woodward/White.
- 2004 – Honored with a Presidential Citation from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry for his significant contributions to leadership and education in cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry.
- 2005 and 2009 – Honored by being listed Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Business by Arizona Business Magazine.
Has been an invited guest lecturer at the University of Minnesota Postgraduate Program in Esthetic Dentistry.
Dr. Chal is the Founder and Director of The Phoenix Group, LLC. This multidisciplinary group of medical-dental specialists was assembled to provide coordinated interdisciplinary car e for patients with complex facial-dental problems.
Listed in Who’s Who in Leading Professionals and Executives.
Dr. Chal is the only dentist in Arizona to simultaneously hold advanced credentials in general dentistry (i.e., F.A.G.D.), cosmetic dentistry (i.e., Accredited A.A.C.D.) and implant dentistry (i.e., F.I.C.O.I.).