Dr. Chal - Arizona Cosmetic Dentist
Read about Dr. Arthur Chal at www.chaldentistry.com. See impressive photos of his work and
testimonials of grateful patients.
Dr. Arthur Chal achievements and credentials:
- Dr. Chal is the only dentist in Arizona to hold advanced credentials in cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, and implant dentistry at the same time.
- First accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in the Phoenix area (1992).
- In recognition of his superior skills in cosmetic dentistry, shortly after he was accredited, in 1994, he became an Accreditation Examiner for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry evaluating the cosmetic dentistry of other dentists applying for accreditation. He continues in that capacity today. The credentialing body for the AACD is now called the American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Past Board Member and Past President (2001-02) of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Fellow of the International College of Oral Implantology.
- Rated by fellow dentists as one of the top five dentists in Phoenix1 (1998), as a "Top Dentist"2 (2003, 2004, 2005, and 2009), and as one of the "Best Dentists in America"3 (2004).
- Dr. Chal's advanced education achievements and awards include: 1971 honors graduate (Northwestern University), Minerva Club Award for scholastic achievement (Northwestern University), National Student Award in periodontics at Case Western Reserve School of Dental Medicine, accepted for highly selective residency program in surgery and prosthetic dentistry, received post-graduate training at the Great Lakes Naval Hospital, and hospital trained as a trauma team member in treating complex dental problems.
- In 1981, he was the youngest dentist in Arizona to have achieved Fellowship status in the Academy of General Dentistry.
- President of the Arizona Academy of General Dentistry (1987).
- Elected to membership in the prestigious American Equilibration Society (1999). This organization centers on research, diagnosis, and treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD), occlusion and oral-facial pain.
- Received the Outstanding Achievement Award from the International Federation of Esthetic Dentistry (2002).
- Given a Presidential Citation for contributions to cosmetic dentistry from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (2004).
- Has been invited as a guest lecturer in complex esthetic dental reconstruction at four Schools of Dentistry: the University of Minnesota, the University of Florida, the University of California San Francisco, and Marquette University.
- Listed in Who’s Who of Leading Professionals and Executives.
- Founder and Director of The Phoenix Group, LLC. This multidisciplinary group of medical-dental specialists was assembled to provide coordinated interdisciplinary care for patients with complex facial-dental problems.
- In 2010, Dr. Chal made the inaugural A-List of AZ Society Magazine's list of professionals and businesses who could help their readers create "a more beautiful you." The list, which included only three dentists, was based on input from their readers.
1This is from a survey of all dentists in the Phoenix metropolitan area take by CBS News in 1998.
2Phoenix Magazine has done these rankings
based on surveys of Maricopa County dentists.
3From the 2004-05 edition of The Best Dentists in America, published by Woodward/White, based on a vote of professional peers.