Choosing Your Implant Dentist
There are certainly many excellent implant dentists, and we wouldn’t want to claim that one is the very best, as that would be impossible to prove. But check out this website and see what you think. Dr. Chal has patients flying to him from around the country, and even from the other side of the world, for especially difficult cases. He has also been named by Phoenix Magazine in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2009, as one of the top dentists in Phoenix. But it’s his meticulous attention to detail and caring approach truly set him apart.
Dr. David Hall, a well-known cosmetic dentist and the author of www.mynewsmile.com, the most visited cosmetic dentistry website on the Internet, was asked by a web visitor from Pennsylvania who he felt was the best implant dentist in the country. This visitor said that he had a difficult situation with missing front teeth, and would fly anywhere in the country for the best care. Dr. Hall recommended he fly to Phoenix, Arizona to see Dr. Arthur Chal.
How to select the best implant dentist
Here’s what to look for:
- Check out the credentials. The best should be recognized by his or her peers, and you should expect to see evidence of that respect in awards and recognition.
- Look for personalized, concentrated attention to you when you are in the office. Regardless of the talents and education of the practitioner, if he or she is seeing three patients at a time, it will be extremely difficult to give each one of those patients the very best care.
- Look for a dentist who is constantly studying, flying to continuing education courses. This is a fast-changing field, and staying on top requires attending courses all over the country.
- If he or she is involved in teaching implant dentistry through various courses and organizations, that is a plus that should inspire a great deal of confidence.
- See if photos of his or her work are posted on the website, and if there are comments from other patients. Those can tell you a lot. Excellent dentists post their work proudly for all to see.
- And look for honesty and fairness. Fees should be presented up front, with no surprises. Excellence doesn’t need to conceal anything. And intelligence and skill without caring and integrity don’t translate into optimum care.
Dr. Arthur Chal has been repeatedly selected as one of the best dentists in the Phoenix metropolitan area, as represented by the awards and magazine covers posted here. (Note—There is no separate rating of best implant dentists by any of these organizations.)The most noteworthy of Dr. Chal’s awards in this category was his being included in the first edition of The Best Dentists in America,published in January 2004. Woodward & White, the publisher, has a long history in publishing books recognizing the best physicians and best lawyers in the country. You can see their award on the lower right.
In 2003, Phoenix Magazine began surveying dentists and asking them who were the best Phoenix dentists. They named Dr. Chal as one of the top dentists in the valley during that first survey issue and again in 2004, 2005, and 2009.
In their first rating of top dentists, Phoenix Magazine named Dr. Chal as one of the top dentists in the valley, based on a survey of his peers. He was selected again in 2004, 2005, and 2009.
In addition, in 2000, 2007, and 2012 he was included in the book Guide to America’s Top Dentists, published by the Consumers’ Research Council of America. They evaluated over 100,000 dentists nationwide, and rated the top dentists with a point value system.
In 2005, Arizona Business Magazine decided to publish a survey of best dentists. Dr. Chal was named in this first ranking that they did. He was named again in 2009 as among the best dentists in the Phoenix area.
In 2010, AZ Society Magazine conducted a survey of its readers and identified top professionals who could help readers create a “more beautiful you.” Dr. Chal was one of the three Arizona dentists to make the A-list. And these aren’t all the awards Dr. Chal has won. To see the full list, go to our honors and awards page. There are other media awards and recognitions mentioned.
We invite you to continue to browse the rest of this web site to learn more about Dr. Chal’s credentials and work. Look under the “Dr. Chal” section of the menu at the top of the page. You may also want to read about his dental implants lectures.
A Brief List of Some of Dr. Chal’s Credentials
Dr. Chal is:
- a past president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry,
- a past president of the Arizona Academy of General Dentistry, and
- a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- In 2004 he was honored with a Presidential Citation from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry for his leadership and his significant contributions to education in cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry.
- And he has been invited as a guest lecturer at the University of Minnesota, Marquette University, the University of Florida, and the University of California, San Francisco, where he has taught complex esthetic dental reconstruction involving implants and other modalities, in their postgraduate programs in Esthetic Dentistry.
You may be interested in reading about Dr. Chal’s dental implant success stories.