Best Dentist in Phoenix?
Some people believe that Dr. Chal is the best dentist in Phoenix. Since there are no recognized criteria for determining the best dentist, we can't make that claim. But here are some of his credentials. Note that he has been named as one of the best dentists in the Phoenix area by several organizations:
- 1992 - Became Accredited with the American Academy
of Cosmetic Dentistry. (AAACD)
- 1994 - Began his long tenure as an Accreditation Examiner with the
American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, a position which he held until the end of 2012. His judgment and examining detail is held in very high regard among accredited cosmetic dentists, and so he is one of only three examiners with over fifteen years' tenure.
- 2010 - Examining Board honors Dr. Chal. For details, please read the full story on the next page in this section, titled "Honors and Awards." That page is linked from the menu across the top of this page and from the menu at the bottom.
- 1995 - Elected to the Board of Directors of the
American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- 2001 - Elected as President of the American Academy
of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Dr. Chal's Accreditation Examiner
certificate. The credentialing body of the AACD is currently known as the American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- 1981 - Became the youngest dentist in Arizona to
achieve Fellowship status in the Academy of General
- 1987 - Became President of the Arizona Academy of
- 1996 - Achieved Fellowship status in the
International Congress of Oral Implantologists. (FICOI)
- 1998 - Chosen for "Top Doc" status by CBS News, from
a survey of dentists in the greater Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area.
He was ranked by Channel 5 as one of the "top five" best dentists when
- 1999 - Elected to membership in the prestigious
American Equilibration Society. This organization
centers on research, diagnosis, and treatment of
Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD).
- 2000 - Listed as one of the
best dentists in Guide to America's Top Dentists
published by the Consumers’ Research Council of
- 2002 - Dr. Chal was one of sixty dentists
worldwide who were honored with the Outstanding Achievement Award from the International Federation of Esthetic Dentistry,
at a ceremony held at the Smithsonian
- 2003 - Selected as a "Top Dentist" by Phoenix Magazine
in their first ever ranking
of the best dentists in Maricopa County, based on a survey of
1,500 dentists in the metropolitan area.
- 2004 - Selected again as a "Top Dentist" by
- 2005 - Selected again as a "Top Dentist" by
- 2009 - Selected again as a "Top Dentist" by Phoenix Magazine.
- 2004 - Listed in The Best
Dentists in America, published by Woodward/White.
- 2004 - Honored with a
Presidential Citation from the American Academy of
Cosmetic Dentistry for his significant contributions to
leadership and education in cosmetic and
- 2005 and 2009 - Honored by being listed Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Business by Arizona Business Magazine.
- Has been an invited guest lecturer at the University of Minnesota Postgraduate
Program in Esthetic Dentistry.
- Dr. Chal is the Founder and Director of
The Phoenix Group, LLC. This multidisciplinary group of medical-dental specialists was assembled to provide coordinated interdisciplinary car e for patients with complex facial-dental problems.
- Listed in Who’s Who in Leading Professionals and Executives.
Dr. Chal is the only dentist in Arizona to simultaneously hold advanced credentials in general dentistry (i.e., F.A.G.D.), cosmetic dentistry (i.e., Accredited A.A.C.D.) and implant dentistry (i.e., F.I.C.O.I.).
Click here to read his biography.
Dr. Chal basically saved my mouth from an imminent implosion, a result from shoddy and/or unnecessary dental work. Dr. Chal has a miracle team who has performed some wonderful work on me. I have much more work to be completed, but thus far, Dr. Chal has met and exceeded my expectations. He does charge a bit more than other dental offices, but after some very bad experiences, I truly believe that you get what you pay for, and he is definitely worth every penny! So much so, that even if I move across the country, I plan to keep him as my primary & only Dentist...
- Yvonne W.
5/5 StarsJan 18, 2012
| Leave your review
Dr. Chal is worth the prices he charges. I and several people I know have been to him to do restorative work because we were told he was one of the best cosmetic dentists in the world. My veneers now look the way they are supposed to. I would recommend him to anyone that asked me for a superb dentist.
5/5 StarsNov 02, 2010
| Leave your review
For those of you who are (were) like me, afraid of dentistry and outcome you must read this. Having had years of not just mediocre but poor dentistry performed and inconsiderate dentists I had put of my dental work many years, until that moment I could no longer put it off. As the wife of a skilled surgeon I know the poor work that often is performed in many specialties and I finally returned to see Dr. Chal who was the only one I trusted. He and his staff held my hand throughout the process and not only helped me overcome my fears but gave me the ultimate beautiful smile I had hoped to receive... Read More
5/5 StarsSep 10, 2010
| Leave your review
I went to Dr. Chal hoping to obtain a good dental exam and general dental care knowing my dentition was showing signs of wear. His thoroughness and commitment to excellence far exceeded my expectations. His attention to detail has resulted in a beautiful result that I never could have even imagined possible. I love my new smile!! Dr. Chal is a true dental professional with extraordinary talent. I highly recommend Dr. Chal for any and all oral health care needs.
5/5 StarsMar 22, 2010
| Leave your review
• A Portrait of Dr. Arthur Chal
• In the Media
• Honors & Awards
• Dr. Chal's Continuing Education
• Dr. Chal's Lecture Presentations
• Teaching and Resource Library
• The Phoenix Group - Dr. Chal's Team of Specialists
A guide to using this website:
|For An Appointment
To render an opinion on your case, Dr. Chal will plan on spending quality time evaluating your situation. Plan on spending an hour or more with him at your appointment.
To help you plan your budget, please allow for a cost of $150 - $300 for this appointment. Plan also on receiving an expert and accurate analysis. Because of the quality time involved, we regret being unable to provide free consultations, free second opinions, or estimates over the phone.
| To request an appointment,
click here or call
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 – 5:00
Friday: 8:00 – 12:00
4715 N. 32nd St., Suite 106
Phoenix, AZ 85018